Monday, June 6, 2011

Mango Tree

While waiting for our flight back to Jakarta, we spotted this restaurant while we were walking to the gate. It was not big but crowded. We decided to have our dinner here. The menu book came with many choices, as I have not yet try Tom Yam Goong during my trip, I directly chose that to be my main course. Besides Tom Yam Goong (260 bath), my husband ordered Gaeng Phed Ped Yang (290 bath), it was red curry with roast duck. For the appetizer, we tried Gai Thod Nam Pla (210 bath), a plate of boneless deep fried chicken in fish sauce. 

I loved the Tom Yam Goong, it had generous amount of shrimp and mushroom and the tom yam taste was just superb. The duck curry was not good, the smell of the curry was too strong for both of us even though the duck meat was very tender. As for our appetizer, it was just so so... What can you expect from a boneless deep fried chicken anyway?

Tom Yam Goong
Gaeng Phed Ped Yang
Gai Thod Nam Pla

Mango Tree also had branches in London, Tokyo, Busan, Kuching, Dubai and Macau.

Mango Tree
Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Near Gate F
Bangkok, Thailand




No comments: