Thursday, December 22, 2011

Canteen


Canteen had been one of my favorite place to dine. Nowadays, most of the new dining places were only strong in the great design concept but lack of good menu. As someone who adores food, I love to try up on new restaurants, but rarely back for the second time, as I said most of them give more thought on the design rather the food. In my humble opinion, Canteen is not one of those places. It's one of the place that I had been keep on coming for regular dine. To me, their food and service had never let me down. Although don't come here when you are super hungry as you could fainted before your meal come. One of the thing I don't like about Canteen is the food serving took forever. 

Anyway, I always went to the one in Plaza Indonesia. One night, my husband and I went to their Pacific Place branch. We sat in the front as inside was meant for smoking only. On our way, I knew that I wanted to have their Risotto with duck and mushroom, but when I looked at the menu, it was not in it and the menu book was also not the same like the one at PI. I asked the waiter and turns out some of their menus were different for each branch, and the one I was craving about only available in Canteen PI. The risotto they have was Mushroom Risotto (60k), so my husband ordered it and I chose Australian Sirloin 200gr with baby potatoes (110k). We skipped the appetizer and dessert as we wanted to try the Homemade Lasagna (60k). 

Mushroom Risotto - I don't really like the risotto, it was seasoned well but it was watery and quite mushy. Very different with the one in PI. 


Australian Sirloin - The meat was not that juicy but it was still grilled well and I loved the crunchiness of the baby potatoes.


Homemade Lasagna - I didn't taste the lasagna from the top as it had cheddar all over it, but the minced beef and the sauce was delicious and generous. The pasta layers were not too thick so it was good. 


Overall as I said, Canteen had never failed me but somehow I feel I had better meals in their Plaza Indonesia's branch.

Canteen
Pacific Place Level 4
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 52 - 53
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 57973742

No comments: