Friday, February 10, 2012

Laksa Ny. Guat

One of my mom's favorite Laksa place opened a new branch at Pantai Indah Kapuk. Positioned in the busy dining street next to Beatrice Quarters, Laksa Ny. Guat occupied 2 ruko. They have indoor and outdoor area. It looked quiet from the outside but surprisingly when we entered the place, it was quite crowded. The interior design didn't really had anything to talk about, it was a simple dominated with red dining place. Perhaps as it was a family dining restaurant, they didn't really put much effort on the design. 



We sat down and begin to order. My mom, of course chose her favorite Fish Laksa (30k), hubby chose Pecel with lontong (23k), I went with Bubur sumsum (7,5k). Laksa Ny. Guat served authentic Medanese type of food, they have a section where they displayed several kind of snacks like rujak, kolak, onde-onde, spicy chips, etc meant for sell.

The foods were served in fast mode. My mom's fish Laksa was pathetically served in such small portion, I feel like I can only see the broth without anything inside. However it was delicious, mom loved it. The broth was cooked in the right balance of sourness. My Bubur Sumsum was too sweet for my liking but it was quite ok too. My husband's Pecel came last, big portion, average taste. 

Fish Laksa

Bubur Sumsum

Pecel with Lontong

Overall, I think Laksa Ny. Guat was ok for a quick lunch or dinner. 

Laksa Ny. Guat 
Bukit Golf Crown 23 - 25 
Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 33066363

No comments: