Friday, April 6, 2012

Port er House


Recently opened on March 2012, an Italian bistro named Port er House located in the busy dining street at Pantai Indah Kapuk. I have passing through couple of times and was amazed with it's exterior, told my self I should put into agenda to come here. Yesterday, Hubby and I had some thing to do around the area near Port er House. We finished our things near lunch time, perfect time to stopped by. 



I did have a right to be amazed. As most of new diners in town racing to have an interesting design concept, the place was beautiful with nice terrace as the exterior and gorgeous interior dominated with black color and light wood. On the right side, they put colorful pillows as cushion on the chairs. Almost like a tatami seating in the middle with a big artificial tree, and a bar with plasma TV on the left side. They have second floor as well, but I didn't go upstairs. 


Looking through the menu, the price range was quite affordable. I noticed beside the pan fried tenderloin, the rest costs under 100k. Starving from not having breakfast, we quickly ordered Escargot bourguignon (45k for 12pcs), Spaghetti aglio olio with prawn (42k) and Risotto frutti de mare (55k). 




Service was very polite and attentive but it took around 30 minutes for our lunch to be served. Appetizer and main courses came together which I think were not supposed to, but it wasn't fine dining so I was just glad that they came together or we have to wait for another minutes. 

The Escargot was delicious, tender cooked in herbs butter sauce accompanied with toasted garlic bread. The risotto looked very pale and plain, obviously they were not being too generous on the squid and scallop. With the help of tabasco, salt & pepper, the risotto was not bad, although was not my personal liking. My spaghetti was perfectly cooked and the prawn was fresh and crunchy, but a little more of seasoning won't hurt. Overall, I think the food was acceptable.


Looking at the nice atmosphere, friendly service and affordable price range, I don't mind coming back. Hopefully next time, the food won't take that long to be served. Got to think, it was still quite normal considering they just opened nearly a month. After all, it was a great place to hang out and they provide free valet service which trust me will come in handy during weekend.

Port er House
Rukan Crown Golf Blok B No. 38-39, 50
Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 44632017
Opening hours: 10am - 12pm (weekend until 2am)

No comments: