Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Santouka Hokkaido Ramen


Since the day I had my first bowl of Santouka's ramen in Spore, I have been waiting impatiently for it to be opened at Plaza Indonesia. To be honest, it might sound silly but my impatience waiting was driven more on my curiosity on how much the ramen will cost here. I paid $20 (around 140k in Rupiah) for a bowl of Tokusen toroniku ramen. I don't know about you guys, but paying 140k for a bowl of ramen was unpleasant for me. As I like the ramen quite much, I was hoping that the 140k was only due to the high exchange rate. 

Anyway, this afternoon I went there with my bestie. Bless her for always in the mood to accompany me during my silly food hunting. :) As today is the first opening day, we drove there early to avoid the queue. Stupid traffic get in the way though, calling it self highway, more like jammed way to me. So instead of arriving at 11am as planned, we reached there at almost 12. Queuing line was there already, but luckily not too long. In shorts, we were seated. The place was small and tables were limited, most of the space was taken for the kitchen. 



Food was promptly served not long after we were seated as they have taken our order while we were queuing to speed up ordering process. The menu was limited, the staff told us that they will only be having more complete menus in couple of weeks. So, the ramen comes in four selections of soup base from shio (salt), shoyu (soy sauce), miso (soybean paste) and kara miso (spicy soybean paste). As I have had Tokusen toroniku ramen with kara miso soup on my first attempt, this time I chose Shoyu ramen (63k for small size) while my friend chose Kara miso ramen (73k for small size). 

Shoyu Ramen
Kara Miso Ramen

Price was quite steep. Comes in sizes of small, regular and large, the price starts from 63k for small size and 103k for large size, even pricier when it comes to Tokusen toroniku ramen as it comes with pork cheeks in separate plate (88k - 128k). Free refill ice water is gladly available here, although the jar was not put in the table but the waiter was quite attentive to hand a refill. 

I always love something spicy when it comes to my meal, but for this one, I will have to prefer the shoyu soup base rather than the spicy kara miso. To me, the shoyu was milder, salty but in a right portion. I love it. Surprisingly, the ramen only comes with a slice of charsiu, couples of bamboo sprouts and a slice of seaweed.

If I remember correctly, the ones in Spore doesn't come in sizes. They had it in one size and the original ramen cost around $15 (approx 105k). Although it is cheaper than there, still personally I think it was quite a price to pay for a bowl of ramen. Luckily, it was worth the taste. 

Oh yes, we were given free voucher 1 bowl of ramen for next visit. Apparently they were giving out free vouchers for the first 200 customers everyday until this Sunday, May 20th. So, hurry up! ;)


Santouka Hokkaido Ramen
Plaza Indonesia Extension Level 5
(in front of Ak'sara)
Jl. MH Thamrin kav. 28-30
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29923832

Other branch: Mall Kelapa Gading 3

5 comments:

cindy said...

wah!!! harus nya tadi bisa ketemuan tuh :D gw makan di sebelah, mie leiker..nungguin temen gw yang makan sendiri di santouka.

Ivy said...

barusan mau nanya knp ga makan di situ juga... trus baca blog km. ternyata ud ngetes lebih awal. hihihi

iyaaa sayang bgtt pdhl sebelahan doankk hahaha

ellynatjohnardi said...

Wah, gila...kenapa pada heboh Santouka ya? A bowl of ramen costs > 100k is ridiculous! Seenak itukah rasanya? Bandingin sama Ikkousha gimana?

Ivy said...

hahaha iyaaaaa seneng akhirnya ada juga yang sependapat klo harganya gila.

enak sihhh cuman personally g masih lebih suka sama ikkousha. kuahnya! cuman mnrt tmn2 g yg uda coba sih pada lbh suka santouka.

Jarod Ho said...

Must try the Pork Cheek Ramen. PORK CHEEK is the best