Monday, June 4, 2012

Sinou Kaffee Hausen


Last Saturday, my friends and I were having a girls day out and we went to Sinou Kaffee Hausen. Located in Panglima Polim next to Seven Eleven, the place was not exactly what I have in mind. As I parked my car, I was surprised to see how small the place was from the outside. Stepping inside, the place was indeed not spacious. 

As when we seated, I took some time to see the whole place and slowly getting to quite enjoy it. The whole place looked vintage with the old wooden furniture, big black piano, unfinished walls with some sort of under construction look. I couldn't say that I like the place, but it did had an unique concept and offered many great backgrounds for photo shoots. There was also a couple doing a pre wedding shot during our visit.



 We heard that the specialties here are the baked rice and french toast. So these what 5 of us ordered: 

Nachos beef cheezie (43k) - A plate of tortilla with mozarella cheese, jalapeno, olive, tomato, ground beef and beans. 
Unlike someplace Nachos that was mushy, this one was crunchy covered in generous toppings.

Mushroom butter milk (30k) - The fried mushroom was good, not flabby, not oily, well deep fried with tar tar sauce.

Baked rice sausage (41k)

Baked rice mushroom (40k)

Baked rice meatball (40k)

The baked rice looks good rite? Especially the sausage one, so cute presented in the form of butterfly. However, according to my three friends who ordered it, the taste was not really good, the melted cheese was too over powering that they didn't even can finish up. 

While, this one was my order. 

Banana french toast (33k) - Probably the only thing I like among others. The bread was so fluffy with sweet fresh banana and maple syrup on top. I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream (10k) to go with it. It was delicious. I love how fluffy the bread was. 

The last one is Chicken gordon blue but I forgot how much and totally forgot to ask my friend on the taste. But you know, it's deep fried chicken... what's to rave about, i guess. 


Mango mint ice tea (25k), Apricot mint ice tea (25k), Lychee ice tea (29k)

Personally, I didn't really like the foods although if the place located close to where I live, I will not be mind to go back for my second french toast. :)



Sinou Kaffee Hausen 
Jl. Panglima Polim V No. 26
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7258568


No comments: