Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Go! Curry

I never was a fan of Japanese curry and after my experience with Mr.Curry, I was getting more certain that I don't like Japanese curry. That's why I never bother to try Go!Curry since it's opening which was quite some time ago. Until several weeks ago, hubby and I went to Pacific Place for Dark Knight Rises movie date, and I was very much craving for Naan bread and Go!Curry is the closest one to go. 

Turns out, they have several kinds of curry to choose, from Japanese to the one closest to Indian type of curry, my favorite kind. It was quite unique that we can choose what and how we want our curry in four simple steps:

  • Step 1: Choose your curry. Brown curry, green curry, red curry, yellow curry, rogan josh curry.
  • Step 2: Choose your spiciness. Mild, medium, hot, very hot, insanely hot.
  • Step 3: Choose your rice. Long grain rice, cilantro butter rice, aromatic yellow rice. 
  • Step 4: Choose your topping. Tandoor chicken tikka, zesty cheese chicken, lamb cubes with herbs, breaded fish, mixed vegetables, chicken katsu, Australian oxtail, breaded prawns, NZ mussels.



I chose Rogan josh curry, hot, with cilantro butter rice and tandoor chicken tikka (56k). Hubby went with Red curry, hot, with aromatic yellow rice and Australian oxtail (75k). We added extra garlic naan (19k) to dip into our curry.

Rogan josh curry with cilantro butter rice and tandoor chicken tikka
Red curry with aromatic yellow rice and Australian oxtail
Garlic Naan

The curry rice looked very much appealing and it tasted as good as it looked. The curry didn't came with overpowering smells of curry, it was delicious and well seasoned. the rice was fragrant, the tandoor chicken tikka was very tender. I really like my rogan josh and enjoying dipping the naan into it. Normally, I prefer a more thick and fluffy naan, but for 19k worth of naan, it was quite delicious. Hubby's red curry and aromatic yellow rice was also delicious, although we both agreed that the oxtail was not a good match to curry, despite of how tender it was.

Go!Curry definitely becoming one of the curry places to go for me. Very recommended! 


Go!Curry
Pacific Place 5th flr
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 52-53
Kawasan SCBD
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 51402751

Other branch: Cilandak Town Square

No comments: