Thursday, August 15, 2013

[CLOSED] Pho Bar


Three days before Eid Al Fitr, I went for a quiet lunch with my mom at Pho Bar, a Vietnamese noodle bar recently opened at Fairground SCBD. The road was a joy, it took me not more than 15 minutes to drive from my mom's house at North. Isn't it nice if Jakarta's traffic remains this way?

Fairground has really turned into a small diner complex, from The Goods Diner, Lucy in the sky, Potato Head Garage, Blumchen coffee and the latest one, Pho Bar. Though they offer different type of cuisines, I spotted the same thing in each of them, a design concept worth to comment. I liked what Pho Bar's design the minute I entered the place and began to like it even more after I spent an hour at the place. The glass walls gives natural bright to the whole parquet floors' room, they put a big mirror along one side of the walls and those beautiful chandeliers with yellow light on top of the bar area is just flawless.



Mom and I chose to have Mango salad with shrimp (45k), Vietnamese beef noodle soup (69k), and a slice of Beef baguette vietnamese style (69k) for our lunch. The mango salad & beef pho was so so, I felt the pho was too lack of flavor. The beef baguette was okay, though the baguette was less crisp than I thought it should be, but I loved the generous tender beef cubes.





Pho Bar
Fairgrounds (ex Bengkel nightpark)
SCBD lot 14
Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav 52 - 53
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 34641777


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just my 2 cents, I think Pho 24 serves good yet cheaper beef noodle and have you try Cali Deli? their lemon grass Vietnamese sandwich is superb :)

Jess
www.chewybubble.blogspot.com

Ivy said...

I have and couldn't be more agree with u. Cali Deli's lemon grass baguette is superb!
As for Pho 24, I haven't. :)