Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Loobie Lobster & Shrimps


Loobie Lobster & Shrimps is another brainchild from the genius talented couple, Chef Atit and Lucy, the owner of Holy Cow! and Holy Gyu!. Offering the same "pocket friendly" concept, Loobie has been happily welcomed by all seafood lovers in town. They have opened for quite some time with the first outlet at Gunawarman street, right beside Turkuaz and across Le Quartier. The second outlet took place next to Holy Gyu! at Panglima Polim and customers are allowed to order both menu from each diners.

Shrimp & lobster has always been my favorite seafood dishes. Since the opening, I have been major curious to try, yet only managed to go there last Saturday. After our dinner, I was kinda bloated from all the steaks, it took me a while to consider on having second meal from Loobie. I love to eat, but I am one of those people who cannot eat too much in one go. Usually it never worries me as I have hubs or my other eating partners to help me finish, but it was just the two of us, and I know hubs wouldn't touch a single thing as he's allergic to shrimp. I know, what a shame rite? To not be able to eat something that delicious. 


Anyway, I decided to go on with the order. :) The price range is indeed pocket friendly with only 155k being the highest. I chose to have Whole lobster platter 250 - 300gr (102,5k). It comes with 2 pcs of lobster, fried calamari, rice with chilli sauce and their signature sambal matah. The portion was not big but I left the rice untouched (actually I have told the staff to exclude the rice upon ordering, but they must have forgotten), and focus on the lobsters only. Leaving the calamari to hubs, though I did try one, and it was just okay. The lobsters, was a bit small, well duh, considering the price. The flavor was good, but the lobster was not as crunchy as I thought it would be. When I ate at Lobster Inc, who also specialized in "pocket friendly" lobsters, the lobster was very fresh and crunchy. But anyhow, I wouldn't base my judgement since it was only my first visit.

One of their signature sauce is the sambal matah. It was unique as mostly people will eat lobster with chilli garlic sauce or lemon, I appreciated the fact they try to make it an Indonesian version, but personally I find the sambal matah a bit too oily. My first time at Loobie might not be that good, but still, 100k something for lobster? You can't find a better deal.



Loobie Lobster & Shrimps
Jl. Panglima Polim V No. 21
Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
Opening hours:
Mon - Fri: 11am - 2pm, 5 - 10pm
Sat & Sun: 11am - 10pm

Other branch:
Jl. Gunawarman No. 32
Ph. +6221 5270673

How to go there: From Blok M Plaza red light (blok m on your right), go straight until another red light, turn left, and you will see 7 Eleven on the corner of your right, turn right into the 7 eleven alley and Loobie is on the left.
 

1 comment:

Meutia Halida Khairani said...

I wanna go there.. still seeking lobster resto