Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hotel Reviews: The Westin Kuala Lumpur


I have to admit I am not an easy person when it comes on choosing the place to stay during holiday. I am someone who really needs a good sleep, like really! Also I have very strict rules when it comes to where I sleep. I'm not OCD, but I couldn't sleep in a hotel bed with bedsheets other than white. It has to be those white clean sheets. Otherwise, I will have trouble sleeping as I couldn't keep on thinking if the sheet is dirty. The second thing, it need to have a clean bathroom. I will not be able to make numbers in a dirty bathroom, not mentioning taking a bath.

Some would say it's a waste of money to book an expensive hotel during holiday as mostly it will only be used for sleeping at night since you will be exploring the city entire day. Well, I agree to disagree. Everyone has different point of view, but personally I like to come back to a nice clean hotel room after a long tiring walking day. Don't you agree? And correction, clean room doesn't mean always have to be expensive. There are plenty of affordable hotels with clean rooms, you just need to widen your search a bit more. Thou the one I'm reviewing now might not fall into affordable hotel categories.


The Westin is a perfect choice to stay in Kuala Lumpur as it located at Bukit Bintang, the most popular area in the city. Full with shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, and not too far from Alor street, the famous street food. 

The five stars hotel located just opposite the new Pavilion mall, one of the largest shopping mall in KL with plenty of branded boutiques, fine dining restaurants and hundreds of food stalls at their foodcourt. It only took 5 minutes walks to the rest of shopping malls in the area. The only downside for me as a foodie is probably how it's not that close to Alor food street. It still can be reached by foot, but it needs around 15 minutes walks. The bright side is, you'll burn the calories you just gained when you walk those 15 minutes back to Westin. :)


Their Deluxe rooms, comes with amazing views of Pavilion mall and the streets of Bukit Bintang, which remains to be crowded even at midnight. The 42sqm room comes with their signature all white heavenly bed where you can opt for pillow selections. Latex, goose feathers, synthetic, you name it, they have it.  

Remember to have your buffet breakfast at The Living Room. Most of my trips, I tend to skip breakfast in hotel as I feel the food is mostly always the same, good but boring. However, for Westin, I made an exception. The selections at The Living Room are top notch, make sure you have enough space to put in all those yummy food. Definitely one of the best buffet I've had so far.

So, do I think Westin is the best stay I've had in Kuala Lumpur? No, the one on the next post is, but Westin is definitely worth the stay.

The Westin Kuala Lumpur 
199 Jalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ph. (60)(3) 27318333

No comments: