Monday, November 24, 2014

Cake A Boo Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK)


Pantai Indah Kapuk never fail to impress me with its rapidly growing food scene. Just like one of their newest cutie on the block, Cake a Boo! Standing pretty just few stores away from Hong Tang, the place has been on my radar since I saw them opening soon couple weeks ago. I always love going to a new diner. It's like an itch that I need to scratch. I could if I don't scratch it, but when I did, man it felt good. You know what I mean? 


So... Cake a Boo, what a cute name huh. But wait until you see the interior. Even cuter. Honestly, I'm not really someone who lean into cute cute kawaii stuff, but some things are just too cute to resist. I adore how creative they are with all the concepts, especially the dessert train. Having a pretty dessert parade rotating over and over in front of you? A feast for the eyes.


The innovative dessert train!

Cake a Boo is fully committed on serving guilty pleasures. Their range of cakes is pretty, cute and yummy. Comes in individual size and whole cakes.

COCO CAKE (30k)
Passionfruit mousse and vanilla sponge infused with coconut sauce 


MIKO'S CAKE (35k)
Caramel mousse, crunchy caramel and melted salted caramel sauce


I always have a thing for coconut and caramel, my choice on these two were spot on. Too bad the caramel flavor on the Miko's was not too strong, and I didn't even taste the salted caramel sauce, but I loved the cookie on the bottom, nice & crunchy. I also like the Coco cake. Smooth texture with a bit of chewy gooey on the passion fruit mousse. The coconut sauce? YUM.

GREEN DOME (30k)
Greentea mousse filled with ogura brulee


Okay this one, I'm not a fan of green tea, but I was there with my folks, and Mom was like, this green one is so cute, pick this but then she didn't even taste a bite because she was too full and keep pushing the plate to me. Mom! You're lucky I love you!
Anyway, as I said, not a fan, but I might be bias on this. The taste itself was actually pretty alright, strong green tea scent.

NUTELLA BURGER (35k)
Red velvet bun layered with nutella patty and assorted fruit


It's a creative touch on having Red velvet flavor bun with kiwi and strawberry as the cucumber and tomato's replacement, while the patty is a thick nutella with crunch of nuts. I would say I'm not a fan of the bun, it has this red color but lack of the red velvet flavor, but I loveeee the patty-ish! The combination of nutella with nuts was so good!

Even their name cards are so cute!!!

The cakes might not be the best I've had, but they were good and worth to try. Not to mention, they are the first one who offer cakes and patisserie in the neighborhood, since PIK is filled up with mostly Taiwanese and soft ice cream dessert cafes only.
So, head up, have some cake a boo to cheer you up!

Cake A Boo
Ruko Garden House B No. 22
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29032922
Opening hours: 11am - 10.30pm 

No comments: