Friday, December 19, 2014

HOKI Klang Bak Kut Teh Jakarta


I know... I know... I have posted too many write ups on bak kut teh lately, but this one worth to read and to try! It was an unplanned visit, we were just finished from buying some things around the area and feeling hungry when we spotted this shop. 

This post was written after our second visit. Yes, we actually quite like the food that we came back few days after our first visit. They are an ordinary humble diner selling herbal bak kut teh, with two types, dry and soup. 

BAK KUT TEH (SOUP) 50K 


Their type of soup is herbal brownish kind. I don't normally like this kind of soup, but I would say theirs are quite alright, it had this herbal aroma but not too strong. Aside from the ribs, it also comes with variety of pig intestines and tofu skin. As always, we added fried dough fritters (7k) to go with the soup. 

BAK KUT TEH (DRIED) 50K 


What makes us come for another visit is their dried bak kut teh. As someone who is not really into pork, I usually limit myself in trying pork kind of dishes, soup bak kut teh is one, but I have never tasted the dry one before though I know it's a common dish to find in a Chinese restaurant, like I said, I always limit myself in ordering any pork type of food, so as a first timer in trying the dry version of bak kut teh, I find my self liking their version. Just like the soup one, they also comes with ribs and intestines. The only downside is it was too salty, it was okay if you had it with rice, but if not, you'll probably need to let them know to go easy on the salt.



PENANG CHAR KWAY TEOW (30K) 


Another item I would highly recommend to order in this place is their Penang char kway teow. For 30k, it was a very fine deal. Full of flavor and generous condiments of cockles, fish balls, eggs and shrimps. I liked how their cooked it not too black and not oily. 


Overall, we had a nice meal here. It's obviously not the kind of place to hang, but it's a place to get a decent meal without having to worry on ripping off your wallet. 



HOKI KLANG BAK KUT TEH
Jl. Gajah Mada No. 64
Hayam Wuruk, Jakarta
(Across Gandy, not too far from Bakmi GM)
Open: 11am - 11pm

No comments: