Tuesday, January 13, 2015

BELLY INC Pantai Indah Kapuk Jakarta



Belly Inc is another new addition at Pantai Indah Kapuk, yes, new one, like again. Before you think it's too many already, save it, just beside them, Nam Nam, another new one will be opening soon. If you regularly visit Spore, you would know this Vietnamese restaurant. 

So, back to Belly Inc. The exterior is interesting with the spoon and fork on the logo. I like the closed terrace on first floor the best. This would be the first room right after you enter the main door. It's actually smoking room but since there's no one there at the time, Mom and I chose to sit here. I like the natural light from the window and the high ceiling. The idea of they hanging illustration of famous chef like Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver and Wolfgang Puck is just another fun things to look at. 


They have a closed door to separate the non smoking room, but as I stepped inside, I find the whole ambiance is too moderate comparing to the one outside. The lighting on the non smoking room was also poor.


First floor, the inside (non smoking room)

second floor (non smoking room)

Second floor terrace (smoking)

On the menu is Asian and Western. On the Asian side, they have affordable menus with cute names like 'pinggiran' noodle, bakso bakwan abang, nasi goreng kenyang and so on. The price is affordable starts from 25k - 85k. While on the Western side is ranging from 40k - 120k is mostly steak and pasta.
 
BELLY BELLY CHICKEN (25k) 

The belly belly chicken was really good. You would think something fried normally won't go wrong, but it's not. It could easily oily and flabby, but this one was very crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, plus good on the seasoning, the saltiness was just right. A great munchies! 


FRIED MUSHROOM WITH SALTED EGG (30k)

Another great starter. I always love mushrooms, fried, boiled, stir, any kind. The way they coated it with salted egg is a bonus.


Moving on to the main course, Mom and I both felt the Asian menu is more interesting so we both chose from the same cuisines. 

TAK TIK TUK NOODLES (25k)

It's a typical street vendor fried noodles, but theirs were good. The seasoning was just perfect. Copying Italian, we asked them to cook it al dente and they did. The look might be ordinary, but the taste was more than decent.


GYUTAN DON (85k)

I'm not lying when I say I am a sucker for Gyutan. Whenever I see it on the menu, I couldn't help but to not order it. Again, this menu was also so good. The beef was generous and so juicy yet tender, with all that chili padi and onion, everything on the bowl was delicious.


I am crossing my fingers to hope they will be consistent as judging from this first visit, I would say they serve good food. Everything we had was very satisfying. Please oh please let all this good things to be really your thing and not just my first timer's luck. We all know despite of the so many cafes around, PIK is in need of a good food. 


BELLY INC 
Rukan Crown Golf Blok D No. 20 
(few shops away from Sumoboo)
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29210551
Instagram: @bellyinc 


No comments: