Tuesday, September 22, 2015

SHAKE SHACK DUBAI


One of the thing that excites me the most from my Dubai Trip is definitely a visit to Shake Shack. I was like, finally! I have been dying to try one since everyone I know is raving about them. The story of how Shake Shacks grow so strong and so fast is really impressive. From a humble hot dog cart in New York City back then in 2004, they now have more than 80 outlets in total. 

The interior of the one I went to at Dubai Mall was very modern like with the dark tone on the whole interior, and I liked the undone ceiling that gives an industrial feeling. They have two seating with the outdoor one facing the iconic waterfall. 


The service is self service, where you order, pay and then they will give you like a pager that will ring when your food is ready to be collected. There's a station of all you can have ketchup and mustard as well. 


Since I’m going to review mostly about burgers, I will point out my thoughts about all the burgers I tried altogether and then only review the specific taste and flavor of each burgers.

Several things I have to highlight here is do know that all Shake Shack’s beef patties is 100% all natural Angus beef. No hormones and no antibiotics. Almost every ingredients are imported from the finest. The meat are from USA, the lettuce from Holland, even the tomatoes are coming all the way from Spain. 

For the bun itself, they are using potato bun instead of flour bread bun. For me, it’s one of the most crucial thing that differentiates Shake Shack from any other burger. The potato bun was so good and soft! As they used potato, so it was flatter compare to flour bread bun, but I personally like it as I don’t have to open my mouth too wide just to have one bite of burger from top to the bottom.


Shake Shacks’ burgers all comes in single or double options and I chose double for all. The good thing is the double one, comes with NO middle bun! You know when you order a double size burger, it usually comes in a layer like this, top bun, veggies, patty, middle bun, veggie, patty and top bun. Like Mcdonald’s Big Mac. Shake Shack’s version? They lose the middle bun, so you get the thick juicy patty in double size just stacked together. So so good!

Now let’s talk about the beef patties. Duh-li-cious! You can easily notice the quality of meat they use the moment you took the first bite. It was so well flavored, so well grilled that the patties were not mushy, yet it was so juicy and moist. 

Shack Burger (Double) 42 Dirham
Cheese burger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shacksauce.

Their trademark burger. You can't say you've been to Shake Shack without having this one. I know I have mentioned this, but I'll say it again, the potato bun was so good! So soft and moist, paired with that tender juicy double patties. I can really taste its premium meat.

Smoke Shack (Double) 54 Dirham
Cheese burger topped with hickory smoked veal bacon, spicy chopped cherry pepper and shacksauce.
One of my favorite. The spicy chopped cherry pepper really brings out the overall flavor. For Indonesian who loves spicy food, this one is so meant for us.

Shack-cago Hot Dog (25 Dirham)
Vienna all-beef hotdog dragged through the garden with Rick's Picks Shack Relish, onion, cucumber, pickle, tomato, sport pepper, celery salt and mustard.

Aside from burger they also have some hot dogs and I ordered the special one and it was unique. Most hot dogs only comes with ketchup and mustard for the sauce, this one they added sport pepper that tasted like jalapeno, such a twist. The sausage itself has this chewy texture (in a good way), not soft and flabby. A good one, but I'll prefer the burgers. 

Cheese Fries (20 Dirham)

Probably the only thing I didn't enjoy from all the menu I had. It wasn't bad, it was just standard. I do like the fact they don't use shoe string kind of fries, but I felt the fries was too soft and bland.

‘Shroom Burger (Vegetarian) 26 Dirham
Crisp fried portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato and shacksauce. 

This one is like crazy good! The portobello mushroom was imported from US as well and the way they cooked it, they grilled it first before having it battered and fried, just to maintain its moisture. It works like magic. Just put it this way, if every vegetarian menu tasted like this, I wouldn’t mind being a vegan.

Shack Stack (42 Dirham)
Cheese burger and a ‘Shroom burger topped with lettuce, tomato and shacksauce.
That crazy good portobello mushroom merged with thick juicy beef patty, can you imagine how the taste was? You got the moisture from the mushroom, the fried batter, and the juiciness from the patties all wrapped inside soft potato bun. My absolute favorite, it was like super gooood! I'd absolutely recommend this dish to all visitors of Shake Shack.


Shack Attack Concretes (Single) 24 Dirham
Chocolate custard, fudge sauce, chocolate truffle cookie dough and Varlhona chocolate pearls, topped with chocolate sprinkles.
Concretes is a dense frozen custard ice cream blended at high speed mix ins. They use only real sugar, no corn syrup. It’s amazing how it has so many chocolate yet it tasted so light and not as creamy as ice cream.

I really hope Shake Shack will open here soon. The brand itself has huge selling power. They haven’t even opened in Jakarta, yet everyone knows about them so it’s a really good starting point. Aside from that, I feel that Jakarta is lacking of casual burger which you can easily eat with your hands but comes with premium quality. I mean, that’s how you should eat a burger like? What’s the fun of eating a burger with fork and knife? Can’t wait for my next Shake Shack.

Until then, Thank you for reading! 

** 1 Dirham = Rp. 3.950 as per September 2015

Shake Shack
Dubai Mall Level 1 
(Near Waterfront)
Ph. 04-4190370


No comments: